Studies & Guides
Showing all 5 results
- Database of 900+ documentary commissions & acquisitions
- Each entry includes logline, poster, executive producers, producers, director, talent, box office & more
- Who to contact! 50+ Key Netflix decision-makers worldwide who buy documentaries & unscripted series
- Netflix’s ‘preferred producers’ who may partner with you to pitch your project.
- How much does Netflix spend on Originals?
- Budgets & Deals
- The economics of subscription video streaming
- Trends & Competition (Disney, Apple, Google + more)
- 60 pages + 900+ film database
Our unique Sunny Side Decision Makers Guide provides information about buyers that producers need to know now!
- Which channels worldwide buy documentaries, specials and series?
- Who are the key decision-makers?
- What are they looking for?
- How you can reach them!
The Sunny Side Decision Makers Guide features:
- 260 buyers
- 36 countries
- 51 cultural stakeholders
- Plus: our Sellers Guide Bonus!
Now offered to the documentary and unscripted community who were unable to attend Sunny Side 2022. Download now!
My new, resource-packed course designed for both industry professionals and developing talents.
The online course features:
- How to pitch your project effectively!
- A unique 900+ program database of Netflix originals & acquisitions
- Step-by-step video tutorials
- Worksheets, and other downloads
- Proposal templates, and much, much more…
The course includes: NETFLIX 2023: What You Need To Know Now! (PDF), my regularly updated Executive Report with the latest Netflix subscriber data, trends, competition & audience insights.
STREAMERS & DOCUMENTARIES is a snapshot of the key available information about the platforms: what programs are they looking for, their recently announced originals, and who are their programming decision-makers.
My handy guide covers: Disney+, HBO MAX, Apple TV+, Peacock, Hulu, Prime Video, Discovery+, Curiosity Stream, Paramount+, YouTube, Waterbear Network, Documentary+.
This information is invaluable for producers who are planning to pitch the rapidly changing streaming sector.
My snapshot guide is a work-in-progress because we are riding a historic shift in the way programming is created, distributed, and viewed by audiences. Important strategic and practical announcements are made and revised by the streamers every day.
The revolutionary growth of the platforms converts to lots of opportunities for documentary and unscripted producers.
The total global SVOD customer base is estimated to top 1.2Bn video subscribers by 2025. Netflix leads at 341 million: Its 2021-2022 content spend of $17Bn will grow. And grow yet more!
The other platforms are expanding fast. They are eating into Netflix’s dominant market share, and boosting their own spending on documentaries and unscripted programs in the process. They need new sources of programs. Find out what it means for you!
From Concept though Pitching & Funding to Delivery & Distribution
My unique, inspiring set of 50 Case Studies of award-winning documentary projects
- 315 pages of detailed, original research
- Projects in U.S., Australia, UK, Germany, Scandinavia, France and more.
- Compelling Takeaways to help you plan your Next Steps
- Numerous links to trailers, websites, Kickstarter campaigns, and additional resources
- Netflix, A&E Networks, Nat Geo, Discovery, foundations and others are the buyers
- And much more!