- Bart Simpson
- Big Bird
- Rupert Murdoch.
They’ve all been showcased at New York’s Paley Center.
- And now: DocumentaryTelevision.com??
Media veteran Max Robins interviews Peter Hamilton about the Factual sector:
- Does DocumentaryTelevision.com have a ‘Sweet Spot’?
- Is it really possible that Discovery once struggled to meet payroll?
- Which categories of producers make money?
- And much, much more!
Listen here for the podcast, recorded in The Paley Center’s New York studios!
Plus three you may have missed:
1. OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network Vs Martha Stewart
- A slow start for Martha’s daytime block has implications for OWN’s daytime strategy
- Read Brooks Barnes, writing in The New York Times.
- And read our August report on the situation at OWN.
2. Talking about ‘The Situation’ …
- Starting pay for reality talent is often nuts and beer
- Now payday skyrockets for the star who boasts 175,000+/- Twitter followers!
- And check out our report on MTV’s ‘sweet spots’ for Reality shows
3. Discovery’s Lawyers Send a Message to Reality Crabbers
- The Discovery Channel is suing two captains on Deadliest Catch for $3 million in damages for what it called a refusal to finish work on a television episode.
Sheffield Doc / Fest
‘What Do US Broadcasters Want?
How Much Do They Pay? Who? When?’
Alex Graham, Wall-to-Wall Productions
Tom Koch, PBS International
Dawn Porter, AETN
Lisa Heller, HBO Documentaries
Moderator: Peter Hamilton, DocumentaryTelevision.com
Saturday, 06 November 2010, 10:00A