A brief message about Netflix from Keith Ochwat, founder of Show&Tell. He and I will be presenting a free webinar on Netflix on Thursday, 2/17 @ 1pm PT. I hope you’ll join us.
As filmmakers, we can’t even think about distribution without Netflix lingering too far from our minds.
I know this firsthand. For my last documentary film Age of Champions, I dreamt of a Netflix deal while I was still in production and tried for years to get one….then I ended up getting acquired.
The details? Only $61,000 of the $1,543,000 in revenue we raised with Age of Champions came from their global Netflix streaming deal, Kanopy deal, and all other distribution deals…combined. I gave way too much attention to getting a deal for what I got out of it.
Deal: The Facts
Making a Netflix deal is a goal for many of us documentary filmmakers, but before you exert too much time and energy, you need to know the truth.
Our Netflix Webinar
During a special upcoming webinar co-hosted with legendary distribution strategist, Peter Hamilton, we’ll discuss:
- Netflix’s programming strategy: originals & acquisitions
- How much Netflix pays for features, shorts, and series
- Mechanics of deals with Netflix
- Are coproductions on the rise?
- The SVOD landscape of major streamers
Hope to see you there!
Sign up Now!
- Join our webinar on Netflix: pitching, getting acquired, getting paid & making a deal.
- Mark your calendar for: Thursday, 2/17 @ 1pm PT.
- Sign up now!
Read about my ‘invaluable’ course on how to understand and pitch the streamers, recently updated with my partner Desktop Documentaries: