Watch out for the great panel on trends in programming research that I’m delighted to be moderating at Realscreen 2015.
The session updates the ‘Quants’ vs ‘Gut Instinct‘ theme that fascinates us here in the newsletter and in my consulting practice.
The panelists combine executive skills and guru expertise to manage the relationship between audience research and programming decisions.
Realscreen Summit 2015
Formula For A Hit
Wednesday, January 28, 3:45pm.
- Julie Taylor, SVP, Program Planning & Strategy, HGTV, DIY Network + Great American Country
- Brad Dancer, SVP, Programming, Planning & Research, National Geographic Channel
- Don Micallef, VP Research, Discovery Communications
- Don Robert, SVP, Research & Analytics, A+E Networks
As the television industry evolves to meet the threats of fragmenting media head on, so too do the methods to determine what should make it onto a particular network’s air.
In an era increasingly driven by big data, in which algorithms & analytics have greater influence in programming choices, how are broadcasters adapting their metrics, measurement & marketing techniques to grab, and keep, eyeballs?
Find out the answers to these questions and more from some of the top minds in TV research.
- 8 Ways to Create an Unscripted Cable Hit (Don Robert, 2011)
- Research Nerds vs Gut Instincts (Brad Dancer, 2013, where you can find out what this chart says, loud and clear)
And watch out for my Realscreen Takeaways.