ITN Source, the footage licensing division of ITN, launched its first short film competition, calling on filmmakers to create a one minute film using footage from its archive.
- DocumentaryTelevision.com and ITN Source are partners in promoting the creative use of the archive in unscripted films.
Prize / Terms:
The ITN Source Short Film Competition, in association with Sheffield Doc/Fest and Audio Network, offers a £1,000 prize to the winner.
- The top 3 entries will get to see their short film on the big screen at Sheffield Doc/Fest, 5-10 June 2015.
- Entrants must create a one-minute film using solely archive footage from ITN Source and music from Audio Network.
- The film must use at least 10 archive clips but there are no other creative constraints and the judges are looking for an original, visually arresting piece.
- The competition is open to entrants around the world.
Information about the competition, entry and a full list of terms & conditions can be found at: https://www.sheffdocfest.com/articles/260-itn-source-competition.
- “We are passionate about archive footage and believe in its ability to tell impactful stories. Archive is a powerful tool that can inspire, enhance and develop a narrative – so we decided to challenge the creative production industry to create an original short film using solely archive footage. On anything at all. I can’t wait to see the results!” Simon Wood, Head of UK Sales, ITN Source.
- Sylvia Wroblewska, Business and Marketing Director at Sheffield Doc/Fest says: This is our third year working with ITN Source, and I’m very pleased that the partnership has developed this year to include this exciting short-film competition opportunity for emerging filmmakers. We look forward to screening the winning submissions at this year’s Doc/Fest in the ITN Source Showroom Cinema Screen.”
- Simon Marett, Director of Marketing Audio Network, says: “We’re proud to be partnering with ITN and Sheffield Doc/Fest on the ITN Source Short Film Competition this year. Music plays an essential role in any film and Audio Network believes in supporting young filmmakers by providing them with easy access to the highest quality music available. We hope our extensive catalogue can help filmmakers achieve their goals by enhancing the overall impact of their films.”
Accessing ITN Source Footage:
- Register with ITNSource.com at http://www.itnsource.com/en/registration/
- Enter the company name as “Sheffield Doc/Fest” and your business type as “other” on the registration form
- You will receive an email verifying your account and providing you with unlimited credits to download ITN “Ready-to-Buy” archive material (you must not download any other ITN Source partner material i.e. Reuters, ITV etc)
- You can then place your footage order via the ITN Source web account and download once cleared.
Accessing Audio Network music library:
- Access 10 free downloads of any Audio Network music simply by registering at http://www.audionetwork.com/campaign/itnsource-competition
Submitting your entry:
- Send your finished film entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 23rd April.
- If you have any queries concerning the competition or how to access the material please contact email@example.com
Laura Roberts, Head of Press, ITN – +44 (0)20 7430 4825 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIPDoc, Cannes, Saturday April 11 – Sunday April 12
- Center for Communications, New York: ‘In Conversation With…’ Monday April 27 (Documentaries) & Thursday April 30 (Reality)
- South African Indies / ATFT, Jo’burg, Durban + Cape Town, Friday April 17 – Wednesday April 22
- On Screen Manitoba, Winnipeg, Tuesday May 5
- Atlanta MasterClass, with Tomorrow Pictures, Saturday May 16
- Sunnyside of the Doc, La Rochelle, June 22-25