What Do the Channels Want?
The International Documentary Buyers’ Guide answers these questions:
- Which channels worldwide buy documentaries and specials?
- How many do they buy?
- What are their dedicated slots?
- What are they looking for?
- What are their filters?
- Are the buyers open to international partnerships?
- Who are the key contacts?
- How can you reach them?
Also, whenever we have the data:
- What do the channels pay?
- For acquisitions?
- For co-productions?
The Buyers’ Guide is an invaluable resource for producers who are working on their strategies for pitching ideas or selling completed programs to channels.
- Australia, Canada, China, Columbia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States.
Over 35 broadcasters
- SBS Australia, Astral Media, Blue Ant Media, CBC, CBC News Network, Corus Entertainment, Discovery Channel Canada, iChannel, Knowledge Canada, Shaw Media, SRC-Canada, Super Channel, TVO, Hunan TV Station, RTVC, DR Denmark, YLE Finland, ARTE France, Planete+, ProSieben Sat.1, S.H. Channel 8, yesDocu, RAI Italy, NHK Japan, EBS Korea, AVRO Netherlands, SVT & SVT2 Sweden, BBC, Al Jazeera English, POV, CNN, Discovery International, HBO Documentary Films, MSNBC, National Geographic Channel, and more
- 95 Channels and Slots.
- 100+ Buyers & Contacts.
- Executive Personnel
- Channel Profiles
- Documentary Profiles
- Recent acquisitions and green lights
- Budgets where available
- Analysis of how and what broadcasters are looking to acquire
- Current strands
- Documentaries and Television Specials
- So that you can make informed, research-backed decisions.
- Links to broadcaster websites
- Further valuable reading and resources from DocumentaryTelevision.com
- The International Documentary Buyers’ Guide 2013 was prepared by the Hot Docs team for Toronto’s brilliant Hot Docs Forum 2013.
- Peter Hamilton Consultants contributed ‘Strategic Takeaways’ for the channels, slots and markets.
CLICK HERE for:
- Table of Contents
- Sample Profile (SBS Australia)
- How to purchase