Wendy Bernfeld is expert in the key issues and opportunities related to SVOD, AVOD and FAST.
I moderated her standing-room only presentation at MIPCOM, which we set about covering in this webinar.
Wendy has more than 25 years experience in content licensing, rights strategy and management, and she is Canadian based in Amsterdam.
Watch the Video (30 minutes)
- [1:50] Definitions: SVOD vs. AVOD vs. FAST
- [5:00] The age of your film and the sweet spot for SVOD
- [7:40] What is the impact of the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike?
- [9:00] So, who is buying right now?
- [11:00] What’s the revenue model of the documentary specialist platforms?
- [15:00] Maximizing an SVOD deal
- [18:00] How to reach more buyers faster
- [22:30] The benefits and drawbacks of DIY vs. traditional vs. hybrid distribution.
About Wendy Bernfeld & Rights Stuff
- Wendy is an Amsterdam-based Canadian with 25+ years’ experience in film/tv/pay tv channel /VOD/SVOD/OTT startups, program buying and digital distribution.
- She specializes in creative sourcing/selection, business/legal aspects and related strategic planning/rights advice.
- Wendy is a former CEO of Canal + International and MD of Alliance Atlantis International before founding Rights Stuff.
More from MIPCOM
- Don’t miss Peter Worsley‘s tremendously insightful and practical webinar covering the Music documentary in the Taylor Swift era.
- Watch here: The Music Documentary Challenge: Keeping the Peace Between Producers, Estate Stakeholders & Commissioners
Thanks: Caitlin Cooper is our webinar producer.