Here are my masterclass and moderation opportunities at Sunny Side of the Doc, La Rochelle, June 19-22.
- “The Beatles: Eight Days a Week – The Touring Years” Jonathan Clyde, Executive Producer, Apple Corps, UK; Matthew White, Executive Director, ACSIL, USA. Tuesday, June 20 4:00p.
- Jonathan and Matt will describe how the production team uncovered rare and surprising archives footage for this award-winning film.
- How does unearthing memories and visuals hidden from view attract audiences?
- What is the real role of an archive hunter in scrutinizing the material and securing its path to the completed film?
- Read about Jonathan’s work for The Beatles’ Apple Corps, plus Matt’s key role, in my detailed “Beatles / Fab 4 Archive Case Study” here.
Meet the Executives
- “Leningrad Symphony” Marc Brasse, Commissioning Editor, History, ARD/NDR, Germany, and Reinhardt Beetz, Producer, Gebrueder Beetz, Germany , Monday June 19, 415p
- Stephen Segaller, VP Programming, WNET, USA. Tuesday, June 20 5:00p
- David Royle, EVP, Programming & Production, Smithsonian Networks, USA. Wednesday, June 21 5:00p
- Ricarda Schlossan, Commissioning Editor, Terra X, ZDF, Germany. Thursday, June 22 10:00a
- Don’t miss Sunny Side!
- I highly recommend attending; and that’s for new and established producers.
- It’s a very compatible market, in a beautiful location, with great seafood.
- Enjoy relaxed access to decision-makers and fellow producers.
- The panels are very informative, too.
- Here is the complete Sunny Side schedule.
- With thanks to the Sunny Side team for giving me such a valuable role!
Night of the Music
- Plus: La Rochelle rocks with hundreds of professional and amateur performances on Wednesday, July 22 for the Fête de la Musique 2017.
La Rochelle harbor and market…