Here’s a recap of the best of our five years of coverage about how to target and pitch commissioners:
Pitching mistakes and how to avoid them:
- Brilliant insights from Sohini Das, a veteran MTV developer, and Michael Cascio, a Nat Geo Channel alum.
Case Studies are for study!
- Our Case Studies aren’t silver bullets.
- They reveal a mosaic of the strategies, relationships, timelines and action steps experienced by a range of non-fiction works from concept to execution.
Study them, and you’ll find Takeaways for your own projects:
- Celebrity Reality
- PBS: Globe Trekker travel franchise attracts corporate sponsors
- Dino Stampede: Aussie tax dollars at work
- History Archive: JFK, Kickstarter, WW1 Apocalypse, MLK & Fidel
- Deadly virus co-pro
- Succeeding under pressure at Hot Docs: Pitching at a major market
What Do Developers Do?
- The daily workflow of a US Reality buyer reveals one network’s filters and its decision-making process. Written in 2010 but still relevant.
Get Inside the Reality Gold Rush
- Our unique year-by-year coverage of Leftfield Entertainment uncovers the key success factors of the Reality Rock Star.
- Leftfield was launched a few years ago on the back of an envelope, and valued at $450mn last year!
- You can buy our complete Leftfield Study here.
See you in Washington DC. And if you can’t make it, watch out for my Takeaways!