This year, the World Congress of Science and Factual Producers (WCSFP) takes place from November 28 to December 1 in Seattle, Washington.
The host sponsor is National Geographic.
Congress ’23 promises a dynamic lineup featuring thought-provoking sessions with key decision-makers from around the world—creating a unique opportunity for science and factual producers, digital producers, creators, and content providers to connect and explore the latest programming trends, industry intelligence and technology impacting the factual community.
Over four days, Congress will immerse delegates in an abundance of captivating sessions that directly address the current challenges, disruptions, and changes within the science and factual industry, ranging from the impact of AI to digital storytelling to co-production.
Congress is thrilled to welcome Pablos Holman—a leading futurist, inventor and visionary thinker—who will delve deep into the superpowers of technology to solve humanity’s biggest challenges in his Spark of Inspiration: From Science Fiction to Fact keynote.
Returning this year are some of Congress’s favourite events, including
- What’s the Buzz, a review of the year’s standout factual offerings;
- The Buzzie Awards, Congress’ annual awards honouring excellence in science and factual storytelling;
- And the interactive The Pitch – Live!, where some of the world’s leading development execs make instant pitches on topics decided by the audience.
Learn more about this year’s session schedule here.
Hundreds of our colleagues have already registered for this highly-anticipated Congress, including representatives from ABC Australia, ABC News, Albatross World Sales, All3Media, BBC, British Pathé, Curiosity Stream, France Télévisions, GEDEON, HHMI Tangled Bank Studios, ITV, National Geographic, NHK, ORF, PBS, Science Photo Library, Terra Mater Studios, ZDF Studios, and many more!
Find out who’s coming here.
Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity to participate in a must-attend event for professionals working in science and factual media!
Register now at wcsfp.com.
My Documentary Business colleagues at Congress:
- Dan Salerno co-produces with Tom Brisley the famous What’s the Buzz? panel hosted by Charlie Parsons and Rubina Parbani.
- Ed Hersh produces AI Is Your Friend. Really? Our AI expert Philip Shane joins Sam Barcroft and Hiroaki KATAYAMA. Ed is expert moderator.
- Ed Hersh also produces and moderates So You Want To Be a True Crime Producer? with Pete Ross, Sara Kozak and Stephen Dost
- Watch Philip Shane‘s AI for Documentary Filmmakers: What Makes ChatGPT Tick? – A 2-part Webinar for Pact UK
Ten U.S. Channels: What Are They Buying?
“Linear still matters!” is the theme of my Pact webinars with Dan Salerno on the U.S. channels’ programming strategies:
- Watch episode 1 – Discovery Channel and Animal Planet
- Watch episode 2 – National Geographic Channel and Nat Geo Wild
- Watch episode 3 – A&E and History Channel
- Watch episode 4 – TLC
- Watch episode 5 – HGTV & Food Network
- Watch episode 6 – Reelz
- Watch episode 7 – ID: Investigation Discovery
Our popular True Crime webinar
- Ed Hersh on the True Crime boom and what producers should pitch.