Why do Netflix-type Subscription Video On Demand / Over-The-Top (SVOD/OTT) services succeed?
My colleague Dr John Morse (Byron Media) shared a very useful presentation / webinar from research firm Parks Associates titled AVOIDING OTT’s TOP FIVE MISTAKES.
- The key is Subscriber Retention.
- More than 25% of current SVOD/OTT customers have recently cancelled a subscription.
- And more services are failing.
- Parks’ analysis helps us understand the operational landscape that is replacing the Broadcast/Cab/Sat multi-channel model.
- It will help you to better pitch your ideas to SVOD services.
- You will be better placed to evaluate the chances for success of new platform launches from:
- Giants like Disney – with Nat Geo included in the offer – Apple and Warner.
- Smaller and mid-size players (for example, Discovery/BBC) that are targeting niche content areas such as Wildlife.
Read the PPT
- Here is the link (its free!) to the AVOIDING OTT’s TOP FIVE MISTAKES presentation / webcast from Parks Associates:
- ParksAssocWebcast-Swrve-TopMistakesinOTT April 2019
Netflix Operations Revealed
- And don’t miss Netflix: How Its Continuous Innovation Strategy Drives Programming Decisions
- Its an informative presentation by a senior Netflix executive.